Why estimates are bad for your software & team & management
Estimates are part of our daily live. Every single day we ask and answer questions like: "when will it be done?", "how much does it cost?" and use that "data" to plan the future of our projects. Some of us using rigorously formalised processes with heaps of excel sheets, some applying more agile methods like planning poker. While doing that, we do not realise, how estimates are harmful!
#NoEstimates is about exploring alternative ways of planning our work, of assigning value to features and a different approach about what we want to deliver.
The Talk will cover:
1) "Bad parts" of estimates e.g.: gaming, team dysfunctions, Parkinsons Law
2) Possible different methods to manage software projects & teams
3) what you should do instead
4) Why "Projects" are even worse: #NoProjects Intro
Start time: 21:30
- Hack(er)spaces und Kulturpolitik